Mission Bhagiratha – Telangana Water Grid Scheme
Mission Bhagiratha is a Telangana Water Grid Scheme initiated by Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao, to provide safe drinking water through the pipeline to every household in the rural & urban areas with an estimated cost of Rs 35,000 crore.
On August 2016, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched Mission Bhagiratha Phase – I at Komatibanda village of Gajwel constituency, which aims to provide 100 liters of clean drinking water per person in 25000 rural households and 150 liters per person in 67 urban habitations.
Mission Bhagiratha is a massive project by KCR lead Telangana Government with an outlay of Rs 42,853 Crores and Targeting to complete by end of 2017 (in a record time of 3 years) and from January 2018 this scheme Covers 2.72crore people and 62.01 lakh households
Mission Bhagiratha Wikipedia & Highlights
- Govt of Telangana changed State water grid project to Mission Bhagiratha on 5 Dec 2015
- Government has sanctioned Rs 4,000 crore for the FY 2015-16
- On 26th April 2016, KCR Appointed Vemula Prashanth Reddy as Mission Bhagiratha Vice Chairman.
- PM Narendra Modi launched the first phase of Mission Bhagiratha on Aug 7th, 2016
- Aims to provide 100 liters of clean drinking water per person in rural households
- Aims to provide 150 liters per person in urban households
- Total cost of the project is Rs 42,000 Crores
- Expecting to complete by Dec 2017
- Optical Fibre Network integrated with Mission Bhagiratha
- Mission Bhagiratha Wikipedia page is not available for the project yet, will create a Wiki soon with help of bloggers.
Mission Bhagiratha Telugu
Progress & Map